UniSource helps local schools and nonprofit educational groups promote learning and literacy, particularly in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). By investing in education, students and teachers, we’re investing in our community’s prosperity and the next generation of energy leaders.
Many of our employees who share our commitment to education volunteer by reading to students or tutoring them in the classroom, giving presentations on electrical safety and energy efficiency and giving demonstrations about energy at science fairs.
We also serve as a resource for information about renewable energy technologies and conservation. UniSource provides free educational materials and resources to teachers and schools statewide to supplement their curriculum.
Below are just a few of the educational programs that UniSource supports:
- CPR Cougar Pride Robotics – After-school robotics program
- Grand Canyon Youth – STEM education program on the Verde River
- Kingman Academy of Learning – STEM education programs
- River Cities United Way – Childhood tutoring through the Kids Bright & Healthy program
- Show Low High School STEM Club – A STEM-based aquaponics program
- Terra Birds – Environmental education program for youth and adults
- Verde Natural Resource Commission – STEM and environmental education programs