Review the information below for details about our billing and deposit policies
The company may require from any present or prospective customer a deposit to guarantee payment of all bills. The deposit may be retained until the service is discontinued and all bills have been paid. Residential customer deposits will not exceed two times the estimated average monthly bill. Deposits will automatically be credited to the customer's account, after twelve consecutive months of service during which time the customer has not been delinquent more than two times in the twelve month period.
The company may require a customer to pay a deposit if payment of three or more bills is delinquent within a consecutive 12 month period, or if service has been disconnected for non-payment.
The company may review the customer's usage after service has been connected and adjust the deposit amount based upon the customer's actual usage.
A separate deposit may be required for each meter installed.
Waiver of deposit
A waiver of deposit may be granted depending on the following circumstances:
- If the customer has had service of a comparable nature with the company at another service location within the past two years and was not delinquent in payment during the last twelve consecutive months of service or was not disconnected for nonpayment, or
- The customer can produce a letter regarding credit verification from an electric utility where service of a comparable nature was last received which states that the customer has had a timely payment history at time of service discontinuation, or
- Instead of a deposit, the company receives deposit guarantee notification from a social or governmental agency acceptable to the company.
UES bills customers monthly for services rendered. You pay for your service after you've used it. Meter reading will be scheduled for periods of not less than twenty-five days or more than thirty-five days. If the company is unable to read the meter on the scheduled meter read date, the company will estimate the consumption for the billing period giving consideration to the following factors where applicable:
- The customer's usage during the same month of the previous year
- The amount of usage during the preceding month
- If we are unable to read your meter, your bill will include a message right below the read dates of the bill:
An estimated meter read was used to calculate this bill.
FAQs: Disconnect notice process change
Questions regarding your bill?
Call Customer Care at 877-837-4968.
You have the right to contact the Arizona Corporation Commission if you are not satisfied with our findings regarding your bill.
Arizona Corporation Commission
1300 West Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007