If you’re having trouble paying your electric bill, UniSource can help. Here are some programs and plans that can assist customers in paying their bills:
Don’t wait – take action now to avoid accumulating an unmanageable balance that could result in the disconnection of your electric service. Here are some of the programs and plans that UniSource offers to help customers pay their bills:
- Payment Extensions – Customers can request a payment extension through My Account, using UniSource’s mobile app or by calling UniSource Customer Care at 877-837-4968. Typically, customers with a good payment history are eligible for an extension. If you are denied a payment extension online or through our automated IVR system, please feel free to call us to speak with our Customer Service Representatives.
- Short-term Assistance – UniSource cooperates with several community agencies to offer emergency bill-payment assistance to customers facing hardships. You can contact these organizations directly for assistance:
- Customer Assistance Residential Energy Support (CARES) Program – Qualifying limited-income customers receive a monthly discount of $16 on their electric bill through UniSource’s CARES program. Customers whose household incomes do not exceed 150 percent of the 2019 federal poverty guidelines qualify for assistance.
- Budget Billing – Make your bills more manageable by enrolling in Budget Billing. Your estimated annual bill is divided into 12 monthly payments so that you pay the same amount each month. The amount is typically lower than participants’ usual summer bills, so the plan can be a good way to reduce summertime expenses.
- Flexible Pricing Plans – UniSource offers four different pricing plans that allow you to better control your electric bills by choosing a plan that best suits your energy use. Three of these plans can help you save money by avoiding energy use during on-peak hours when the demand is high.
UniSource offers many simple no or low-cost energy saving tips to help you reduce your electric bills. We work with community partners to offer free home weatherization assistance to limited-income residents. Among the free home improvements that are offered include caulking, weather-stripping and the installation of insulation, sun screens and low-flow water fixtures.
You can use My Account or UniSource’s mobile app to easily access billing information, such as the amount due and due date, previous payment history and energy usage. If you haven’t already established online access to your UniSource account, you can sign up using information on your most recent bills.
Customers who fall behind on their bills or fail to make scheduled payments on a payment plan established to resolve a previous overdue balance may be subject to disconnection. Any deposit on your account will be applied before initiating disconnection for non-payment. If this happens, you will be required to repay a deposit over four months.
If your power is shut off for non-payment, you must pay your delinquent bill and a reconnect fee before your power is restored. We also will establish a payment plan that requires you to pay a deposit over four months. There is no guarantee service will be restored the same day you pay.
UniSource does not accept any cryptocurrency as payments, including bitcoin.
If you have fallen behind on your bills, please contact us today. We stand ready to help you maintain access to safe, reliable electric service.