UniSource understands that many customers may still be struggling financially. To provide relief, we offer extended payment arrangements, payment extensions and other assistance to customers who are behind on their bills.
We also work with community partners to provide emergency bill payment assistance to qualifying customers. In addition to funds contributed by UniSource and our customers, these agencies can access federal energy assistance funds and emergency aid provided through the CARES pandemic relief act approved earlier this year. More details about these and other assistance options are below:
- Payment Arrangements – UniSource Energy Services does not disconnect residential electric service for non-payment through the hot summer season from June 1 through Oct. 15. Customers with overdue balances after October 15 will be enrolled in a payment arrangement and are expected to continue to make monthly payments to pay down their overdue balances. If you need more time, call UniSource Customer Care to request a longer payment plan. Customers placed on payment arrangements must pay the monthly installment amount plus their current monthly bills in full and on time. All customers are responsible for paying for all the energy they use.
- Payment Extensions – Customers who aren’t already on a payment arrangement can request a payment extension through My Account, using UniSource’s mobile app or by calling UniSource Customer Care at 877-837-4968. Typically, customers with a good payment history are eligible for an extension. If you are denied a payment extension online or through our automated IVR system, please speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives.
- Short-term Bill Payment Assistance – UniSource cooperates with several community agencies to offer emergency bill payment assistance to customers through the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program and the statewide Home Energy Assistance Fund. Please contact the agencies listed below to request assistance or click here for a list of agencies by county:
|Arizona Self-Help Pre-Screening||602-604-0640|
|Community Information and Referral Services
|Western Arizona Council of Governments WACOG
Kingman/Lake Havasu City/Bullhead City/Golden Valley (Call Fridays from 8 a.m.–12 p.m; Seniors call 928-753-6247 anytime)
Kingman (Call the first day of the month)
Lake Havasu City (Call the first day of the month)
|Southeastern Arizona Community Action Program
- Customer Assistance Residential Energy Support (CARES) – Through our CARES program, qualified electric customers receive a $16 monthly discount, while gas customers can receive a $3 discount on the standard Basic Service and Meter Charge as well as a 15 cent-per-therm discount for up to 100 therms of gas use each month from November through April. To see if you qualify, view the eligibility guidelines for gas customers and electric customers.
- Budget Billing – Make your monthly bill amount more manageable by enrolling in Budget Billing. Your estimated annual bill is divided into 12 monthly payments so that you pay the same amount each month. This helps reduce summertime expenses when bills are typically the highest. Customers placed on payment arrangements will be removed from Budget Billing, but are welcome to re-enroll when their account is current.
- Pricing Plans Options – UniSource offers four different electric pricing plans that allow you to better control your monthly bills by choosing a plan that best suits your energy use. Three of these plans can help you save money if you avoid using energy during on-peak hours when the demand is high.
- Energy Efficiency Tips – UniSource customers can find many simple no or low-cost ways to save energy throughout their home to help reduce your energy bills. We also offer rebates on a wide range of products and services to make your home more comfortable, safe and energy efficient.
- Free Home Weatherization Assistance – We work with community partners to offer free home weatherization assistance to limited-income residents. Among the free home retrofits offered are air conditioning system replacement, weather-stripping, caulking, sun shades and low-flow water fixtures.
- Tools to Manage Your Bills – My Account on the UniSource website or the UniSource mobile app to easily access your billing information, such as the amount due and due date, previous payment history and energy usage. If you haven’t already established online access to your UniSource account, you can sign up using information on your most recent bills.
Customers remain responsible for paying for all the energy they use. If you have any questions about the assistance available through UniSource or community agencies or your account, please contact UniSource Customer Care at 1-877-837-4968.
Are you a home owner? The Arizona Department of Housing offers funding to pay the overdue utility bills of homeowners who have been impacted by the pandemic. Eligible homeowners must have a household income less than or equal to 150 percent of the Area Median Income. Please visit Housing Assistance Program today to fill out a convenient pre-screening questionnaire to see if you qualify for bill assistance.Apply for Assistance