With the coronavirus pandemic creating financial hardships for businesses locally and nationwide, UniSource Energy Services is working to support our commercial customers in these unprecedented circumstances. We also have comprehensive plans in place to continue our operations and support you every day.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we have prepared a list of helpful resources to assist our commercial customers during this pandemic. The list includes federal, state, local, business and UniSource resources:
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
The $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, signed into law on March 27, 2020, provided $376 billion for loans and grants through the SBA.
The CARES Act established several new temporary SBA programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak*
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan: Provides loans to businesses, nonprofit groups or veterans organizations. Initial payments are deferred one year.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans: Small businesses that currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender may access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief: Automatic payments on some smaller SBA loans and automatic deferrals for SBA-serviced disaster loans.
*Contact your local Small Business Development Center for assistance with these programs.
- Arizona Small Business Development Center (SBDC): Provides assistance in applying for SBA loans and other resources for small businesses.
- Arizona Commerce Authority: Resources to support businesses and employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Local First Arizona: Lending support to small, local, and independent businesses during these uncertain times.
- Arizona Department of Health Resources: A source for accurate, regular updates and resources.
- 211 Arizona: A statewide hotline providing accurate COVID-19 information and reliable resources for help.
- Arizona Regional Economic Development Foundation
- Contact: Mignonne Hollis
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC): Resources and opportunities for women-owned businesses during the pandemic.
- The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: Providing a resource and technical assistance guide to help Hispanic and minority-owned small businesses safeguard their enterprises with lending, grant options, and financial support.
- List of Banks Offering Relief to Customers Affected by Coronavirus by Forbes
UniSource Energy Services Resources
UniSource is offering payment extensions to customers affected by this pandemic. Service disconnections and late fees also have been suspended until further notice.
Specialized Support for Business Customers
Our Commercial Contact Center can provide specialized, proactive service on a wide variety of issues – from energy-efficiency programs and new projects to advice about pricing plans and regulations.
Energy Savings Expertise
UniSource can offer ways for businesses to trim their energy use and costs to help offset declines in revenue. Commercial customers are invited to visit UniSource’s energy saving tips for businesses and learn more about rebates for energy efficient upgrades.
UniSource Commercial Customer Care: 877-837-4968