Bright Students is a three-part energy education program for middle school students, aligned with ADE standards.
An engaging PowerPoint presentation introduces the basics of electricity, energy, and energy conservation to students through a required, two class period pre-visit activity led by the classroom teacher. The classroom presentation investigates electricity uses and energy sources.
The presentation also calls on some students to ride the Energy Bike to experience first-hand how much work is required to light up incandescent, CFL, and LED light bulbs. Students can explore ways to conserve energy at home and share energy conservation and efficiency concepts with their friends and families. The program is designed to fit into a typical 45-60 minute classroom period.
The third part of the Bright Students program is a classroom teacher-led post-visit activity that looks in depth at conservation and has students perform a basic home energy audit.
View and download important program information »
All components of the Bright Students program align with ADE standards.
Bright Students is a free program sponsored by UES.
- Read Me First: Important Information PDF 0.08 MB
- Pre-Visit Teacher Script – PDF 0.15 MB
- Pre-Visit Slideshow – PPT 23 MB
- Pre-Visit Student Worksheet – PDF 0.07 MB
- Post-Visit Teacher Lesson #1 - Easy Version – PDF 0.12 MB
- Post-Visit Teacher Lesson #2 - Standard Version – PDF 0.11 MB
- Post-Visit Teacher Lesson #3 - Challenging Version – PDF 0.16 MB