Two of UniSource Energy Services’ new residential electric pricing plans charge less for energy during “off-peak” hours, which include most weekday hours and all day on weekends and major holidays.
With our Time-of-Use and Demand Time-of-Use pricing plans, you can save money when you shift a majority of your usage away from the few “on-peak” hours when our customers use energy the most.
Time-of-Use offers lower energy charges most of the day, on weekends and on major holidays, but higher rates during on-peak hours when customers typically use the most energy.
Demand Time-of-Use combines our lowest off-peak usage rates with higher on-peak rates and a “demand” charge based on your highest individual hour of usage during on-peak periods.
On a time-of-use plan, you can do more than just lower your energy costs. You also help reduce the peak demand on UES’ system and contribute to a more sustainable energy future for everyone.
Follow these tips to shift your usage to off-peak time periods:
- Operate washing machines, dishwashers and other large appliances during off-peak hours.
- Adjust your thermostat to reduce heating and cooling during on-peak hours or when you are not at home.
- Set timers on pool and spa pumps to run during off-peak hours.
- Turn off all but essential lights during on-peak hours.
- Enjoy electricity-consuming hobbies during the off-peak hours.
- If you have an electric vehicle, charge it during off-peak hours.
Ready to choose a time-of-use pricing plan? Call Customer Care at 877-837-4968.
Learn more at uesaz.com/electric-rates.